Thursday, January 9, 2014

New Year

A new year is upon us and a time that people set goals.  I have not been as active on this blog in the past couple of years.  It kind of goes in spurts of ambition. There are things I want to learn, to improve upon, and practice.  Some of these are:  Learning to recognize and utilize more wild plants.  I know a base amount, but I would like to start a pressbook, or collection in some form for demonstrations and instruction.  I know willow bark contains the components of asprin, but it would be more useful to actually process it.  Water is one of the most important  necessities of life, but I recognize I need more practice gathering, filtering, and purifying it.  I've made buckskin moccasins, but I recognize that footwear is very important for my tender tootsies and need to try coiling sandals out of cattails or inner bark. As far as containers I need to make various sizes of burden baskets. This is just a few things.  There is so much more interest in survival, bushcrafting, primitive skills, prepping, and a multitude of new books and television reality shows highlighting associated skills.  I am aiming at keeping this blog as primitive as possible but may have to start a new blog for bushcrafting projects.
 

2 comments:

Carole von Aarberg said...

Meadowsweet contains more salicylic acid, the basis for asprin.
Carole, student of naturopathy and herbal medicine, in Australia.

Jon said...

Unique Outdoor Survival Skills

Don't you find it ironic that even with all this scandalously expensive education, people today know so little?

If they can't even fix their car, how are they supposed to handle a - let's say - long term food shortage?

You can't possibly hope they'd know how to garden and produce their own food, save seeds for next year, and use leaves plowed under to fertilize the soil.

Not to mention trapping, catching, skinning and cooking a rabbit...

These may seem advanced outdoor survival skills now, but back in the days, they were merely called "Living".

Watch this short video now and discover a set of unique and fantastic survival skills used and perfected by our ancestors.

Don't wait for the next crisis to hit and live to regret you had the chance to learn these skills but didn't.

Click here to watch video!

Thanks again.









.